Hey guys 🙂 So January is over, and I read a pretty decent amount of books, and 3 of them counted towards my 2015 Reading Challenge. I know this wrap-up is slightly late, but better late than never, as they say. Anyway, here are the books I read this month.
- The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater. My friend recommended this series to me, and I really liked the first two books. I’m waiting to read the third one until the last one comes out. I gave it 4/5 stars.
- Anya’s Ghost by Vera Brosgol. This is the first graphic novel I have ever read and I really enjoyed it. I loved the artwork, and I really liked the story. I gave it 4/5 stars also.
- I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder. I saw this in Oxfam and decided to by it because WhittyNovels talks about her books constantly. I really liked this book. Its written in verse, which I had never read before this book. I liked the story, I thought it had a good message of letting go and moving on after the loss of a loved one. I was sort of indifferent to the fact that it was written in verse. I didn’t hate it, at all, but I didn’t particularly like it any more than ordinary books. I did like that I was able to read it in about an hour. I gave it 4/5 stars.
- Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira. I did a review for this book, which you can find here. I gave it 4/5 stars.
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. I really liked this book. I found it harder to get through than I was expecting, but I really enjoyed the story. I gave it 4/5 stars.
- Quidditch Through the Ages by J.K. Rowling. I just looked at my shelves and realised I hadn’t read this yet, so I picked it up and read it in one evening. It was really interesting and, at some points, funny. If you like Harry Potter and haven’t read this, or Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and the Tales of Beedle the Bard, you should do so now. I gave it 4/5 stars.
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I really liked this book, although I did find it a bit slow to get through. Then again, I found everything a bit slow to get through in January, so I think it might just have been me. I liked the story, and I liked the characters. My mum completely spoilt me for the second book so I don’t know if I’ll read on. I gave it 3/5 stars.
So yes, those were the books I read in January. They aren’t listed in the order I read them in because I can’t remember and I’m too lazy to go and check on goodreads. Feel free to comment below if you want to talk about any of the books 🙂